MoFA: ‘High Art’ Specimens
- Title: “Yin-Yang Eggs”
- Media: Eggs. Unity of Opposites.
- Submitted by: Martin G.
- I know. Before you comment. I know. If they were truly "Yin Yang Eggs" they wouldn't both be white with yellow yolks. But, it's not bad.
- Title: “Leggy Root Statue”
- Media: Cassava?
- Submitted by: Valdenor R. (São Paulo, Brasil)
- I could easily see this as a statue displayed in a museum of modern art. But, it's not. It's cassava, I believe.
- Title: “Pasta Van Gogh”
- Media: Dried Pasta. Post-Impressionism.
- Submitted by: Chris S.
- Many of us have experienced pasta sticking to the bottom of a pot, but this one does take on a certain "Van Gogh-esque" quality.
- Title: “Meat Parrot at Sunset”
- Media: Meat, Beans & Beauty.
- Submitted by: Liz
- Perhaps the most artistic food anomaly: Liz's leftovers from dinner look a heck of a lot like a "Parrot at Sunset." I'd add that it's an eerie parrot at sunset, but maybe that's the meat-parrot influencing my artistic sensibilities.
- Title: “SpookyComb: Edvard Munch Honeycomb”
- Media: Breakfast Cereal. Pure Evil.
- Submitted by: Mike Hanttula
- Do you believe that cereal is innocent?
Think again. You never know what you might find in your bowl of Honey Combs. Beware.