Deconstructing Roy Lichtenstein is a side-by-side comparison of Roy Lichtenstein’s artwork next to the original comic book panel from which the art was… "appropriated." The sad part is that, in most cases, the original comic book art is far superior (in graphic quality & expressiveness) to Mr. Lichtenstein’s work. But maybe it’s hard for the average person to conceive of "art" being on something other than a canvas or a pedestal.
The Hanttula MicroZine
Bringing you semi-regular dispatches of click-worthy entertainments, art, interesting facts & more!
Broadcasting via Hanttula.com since 2001 with limited characters & deep appreciation.
If you like what you see, spread the word.
- Tiki Bar Name Generator UpdatedJune 6, 2022New tiki terms added to now offer over 120,000 possible name combinations! […]
- Announcing: the Hanttula CryptoglyphsMay 31, 2022Newly released: the first set of Hanttula Cryptoglyph symbols & fonts — for all your secret messaging needs. […]
- In Development: SIGNED & NUMBERED Art SeriesJuly 30, 2021Work in progress: the SIGNED & NUMBERED art series. What number will YOU get? […]
- In Development: ADMIT ONE Art SeriesJuly 30, 2021Work in progress: the ADMIT ONE series of hand-drawn, small, and devastatingly adorable artworks. […]
- G. Dean Smith, Logo DesignerMay 12, 2021A spotlight on the logo work of designer G. Dean Smith […]
- Pup ‘n’ Taco Brand PreservationJanuary 10, 2021Been thinking about lost restaurants and haunted by this logo & packaging for the long-gone California chain PUP 'N' TACO. […]