A funny thing among our scholars, they use phrases from a dead language as shortcuts to reference common ideas in speech & thought. In turn, the fact that most of us have no idea what they’re saying causes more confusion than if they had just used plain ol’ English. Now, this guide let’s us all understand our academic kin just a li’l mo’ better: the Latin Quote & Phrase Reference
The Hanttula MicroZine
Bringing you semi-regular dispatches of click-worthy entertainments, art, interesting facts & more!
Broadcasting via Hanttula.com since 2001 with limited characters & deep appreciation.
If you like what you see, spread the word.
- Now Available: Triptych One Cryptographic TypefaceJune 14, 2023Now available — the second Hanttula Cryptoglyph: "Triptych One." […]
- Bobbie the Cat has a posseAugust 23, 2022A sticker campaign to bring more notoriety to a neighborhood cat. […]
- Tiki Bar Name Generator UpdatedJune 6, 2022New tiki terms added to now offer over 120,000 possible name combinations! […]
- Announcing: the Hanttula CryptoglyphsMay 31, 2022Newly released: the first set of Hanttula Cryptoglyph symbols & fonts — for all your secret messaging needs. […]
- In Development: SIGNED & NUMBERED Art SeriesJuly 30, 2021Work in progress: the SIGNED & NUMBERED art series. What number will YOU get? […]
- In Development: ADMIT ONE Art SeriesJuly 30, 2021Work in progress: the ADMIT ONE series of hand-drawn, small, and devastatingly adorable artworks. […]